Source code analysis - Cobol, RPG, PL/1
Individually developed IT systems grow over decades. Frequent and major functional adaptations reduce the software quality during this time - resulting in high technical debts.
Herculean task for new employees
It is enormously difficult for new employees to find their way around such grown software structures.
Technologies (for example Cobol), which have not been taught for a long time, have to be learned and mastered.
Loss of know-how
Existing team is already retired or about to retire
- You have a software system that has grown historically
- Your core system consists of many source programs with many dependencies and enormous complexity
Changes take longer and longer - see an example of technical debt of a Cobol software system .
- Only a few developers have - in the best case - an overview of individual subareas
- Developers are close to retirement or have already left the company
- The "truth is in the source code" - time-consuming code analyses are the result
- Recruiting for new talent is extremely difficult
- Programming technology has long since ceased to be taught
- Herculean task for new employees
- It is enormously difficult for new employees to find their way around such grown software structures.
- Technologies (for example Cobol), which have not been taught for a long time, have to be learned and mastered.
- Loss of know-how
- Existing team is already retired or about to retire
- Sourcecode Assessment - because: "The truth is always in the source code"
- Kick-off (approx. 1 hour)
- Execution of the assessment - participation of your employees is not necessary
- Quality assurance of the results
- Final meeting and handover
- AVESOR® algorithms for the analysis of Cobol, RPG and PL/1
- Further programming languages in progress and on request
- AVESOR® algorithms can be individually adapted to your specific requirements (e.g. duplicate recognition, anomalies)
- Identified and measured technical debts
- All measured values of the source programs
- System dependencies
- Dead programs
- Candidates for program duplicates
- File and DB usage across the entire system
- Result representation in 2D for screen/tablet or, if desired, in 3D virtual reality
- virtual reality
- We are the first - and so far the only one - able to represent the software architecture of legacy systems in virtual reality.
Your employees can interactively analyze your system with the VR glasses Oculus GO.
- Film about AVESOR® (2:35 min)